Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Action of the salivary microorganisms having sorbitol as substratum
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de Cuiabá (UNIC)
- Universidade Ceuma
- Ramaiah Dental College and Hospital
- Microorganisms living in the saliva are able to ferment some sweetener types and to promote the fall of pH that has its critical point around 5.5; in this situation, they equal the input and the calcium output in the processes of remineralization and demineralization. For iteration of the three essential factors to the installation of the dental caries (microorganism, host and diet) suggested the accomplishment of a work that involved one of these factors. This work aims to study this issue, through the indication of substitute sweetener of the saccharose, whenever possible, it solved to evaluate pH of the saliva, exposed to sorbitol.
- World Journal of Dentistry, v. 5, n. 4, p. 218-222, 2014.
- Sweetener and dental caries
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.