Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Cultura, arte e sociedade: reflexões a partir da linguagem corporal da capoeira angola e suas linhas desenhadas no espaço
- Simões, Rosa Maria Araújo
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Dance-fight-game, art, religiosity, therapy, entertainment, ritual act, in short, "a way of being", are some of the various definitions/qualities attributed to the afro-brazilian cultural manifestation called "Capoeira Angola". Multivocal polysemic in its essence, Capoeira Angola is expressed in different languages which ranges from the types of touches of the musical instruments that make up the orchestra, through different types of songs, until we get the non-verbal communication established by the bodies of "capoeiristas" in the game and/or in the training body situation. The aim of this paper is to think of the line drawing in space, a significant problem in the execution of body movements of this practice. To address the relationship between line, efficiency and aesthetics of body movements, it is developed an ethnography in the Academy of João Pequeno de Pastinha-Sports Center of Capoeira Angola, based on anthropological interpretative approach, in which the concept of culture is semiotic.
- Proceedings of World Congress on Communication and Arts, v. 3, p. 431-435, 2010.
- Academia de João Pequeno de Pastinha
- Body movement
- Capoeira Angola
- Culture and Brazilian art
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.