Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Root Canal Area Increase Promoted by the EndoSequence and ProTaper Systems: Comparison by Computed Tomography
- CPO SL Mand Brasiliense Dent Sch
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Inst Odonto Radiol Brasilia
- Introduction: The aim of this study was to compare the increase of the root canal area after instrumentation with EndoSequence or ProTaper rotary systems. Methods: Twenty-two mesial root canals from mandibular molars were instrumented. Teeth were mounted on a base, numbered, and divided into 2 groups; teeth from 1-11 (PT group) were instrumented by using the ProTaper system, and teeth from 12-22 (ES group) were instrumented by using the EndoSequence system. Cone beam computed tomography was performed on all teeth before and after instrumentation. Measurements at 3,5, and 7 mm as well as differences in instrument performance were statistically compared by the Student t test at 5% significance level. Results: Both systems increased significantly the root canal area (P < .05) at all levels. Comparison between the rotary systems showed significantly greater increase (P < .05) for EndoSequence at 3 mm, with no statistically significant difference (P < .05) at the other levels. Conclusions: Both rotary systems increased significantly the root canal area. (J Endod 2010;36:1179-1182)
- Journal of Endodontics. New York: Elsevier B.V., v. 36, n. 7, p. 1179-1182, 2010.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Cone beam CT
- rotary systems
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.