Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Polybioside, a Neuroactive Compound from the Venom of the Social Wasp Polybia paulista
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Instituto de Investigação em Imunologia - Instituto Nacional de Ciência e Tecnologia (III-INCT)
- FAPESP: 04/07942-2
- FAPESP: 06/57122-6
- CNPq: 472870/2004-1
- Polybioside (1) was isolated from the venom of the social wasp Polybia paulista, and its structure was assigned as 3,4,5-trihydroxy-6-(hydroxymethyl)tetrahydro-2H-pyran-2-yl 3-(1H-imidazol-4-yl)propanimidate by NMR and MS protocols. The application of polybioside in rat brain, followed by the detection of c-Fos protein expression in some brain regions, indicated the compound is neuroactive in a number of brain areas. Polybioside causes convulsions in rats, even when peripherally applied.
- Journal of Natural Products. Washington: Amer Chemical Soc, v. 73, n. 4, p. 527-531, 2010.
- Amer Chemical Soc
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.