Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Strain Gauge Analysis of the Effect of Porcelain Firing Simulation on the Prosthetic Misfit of Implant-Supported Frameworks
- Univ Zurich
- Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina (UFSC)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Univ Yeditepe
- Objectives: This study investigated the effect of porcelain firing on the misfit of implant-supported frameworks and analyzed the influence of preheat treatment on the dimensional alterations.Materials and Methods: Four external-hex cylindrical implants were placed in polyurethane block. Ten frameworks of screw-retained implant-supported prostheses were cast in Pd-Ag using 2 procedures: (1) control group (CG, n = 5): cast in segments and laser welded; and test group (TG, n = 5): cast in segments, preheated, and laser welded. All samples were subjected to firing to simulate porcelain veneering firing. Strain gauges were bonded around the implants, and microstrain values (mu epsilon = 10(-6)epsilon) were recorded after welding (M1), oxidation cycle (M2), and glaze firing (M3). Data were statistically analyzed (2-way analysis of variance, Bonferroni, alpha = 0.05).Results: The microstrain value in the CG at M3 (475.2 mu epsilon) was significantly different from the values observed at M1 (355.6 mu epsilon) and M2 (413.9 mu epsilon). The values at M2 and M3 in the CG were not statistically different. Microstrain values recorded at different moments (M1: 361.6 mu epsilon/M2: 335.3 mu epsilon/M3: 307.2 mu epsilon) did not show significant difference.Conclusions: The framework misfit deteriorates during firing cycles of porcelain veneering. Metal distortion after porcelain veneering could be controlled by preheat treatment. (Implant Dent 2012;21:225-229)
- Implant Dentistry. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, v. 21, n. 3, p. 225-229, 2012.
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- strain gauge
- dental prosthesis design
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.