Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Deposition of SiOx Thin Films on Y-TZP by Reactive Magnetron Sputtering: Influence of Plasma Parameters on the Adhesion Properties Between Y-TZP and Resin Cement for Application in Dental Prosthesis
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Instituto Tecnológico de Aeronáutica (ITA)
- Universidade Federal da Paraíba (UFPB)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- In this paper SiOx thin films were deposited on Y-TZP ceramics by reactive magnetron sputtering technique in order to improve the adhesion properties between Y-TZP and resin cement for applications in dental prosthesis. For fixed cathode voltage, target current, working pressure and target-to-substrate distance, SiOx thin films were deposited at different oxygen concentrations in the Ar+O-2 plasma forming gas. After deposition processes, SiOx thin films were characterized by profilometry, energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS), optical microscopy and scanning electron microscopy (SEM). Adhesion properties between Y-TZP and resin cement were evaluated by shear testing. Results indicate that films deposited at 20%O-2 increased the bond strength to (32.8 +/- 5.4) MPa. This value has not been achieved by traditional methods.
- Materials Research-ibero-american Journal of Materials. São Carlos: Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar), Dept Engenharia Materials, v. 14, n. 2, p. 212-216, 2011.
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar), Dept Engenharia Materials
- dental material
- thin films
- silicon oxide
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.