Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Conformal Klein-Gordon equations and quasinormal modes
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Using conformal coordinates associated with conformal relativity-associated with de Sitter spacetime homeomorphic projection into Minkowski spacetime-we obtain a conformal Klein-Gordon partial differential equation, which is intimately related to the production of quasi-normal modes (QNMs) oscillations, in the context of electromagnetic and/or gravitational perturbations around, e.g., black holes. While QNMs arise as the solution of a wave-like equation with a Poschl-Teller potential, here we deduce and analytically solve a conformal 'radial' d'Alembert-like equation, from which we derive QNMs formal solutions, in a proposed alternative to more completely describe QNMs. As a by-product we show that this 'radial' equation can be identified with a Schrodinger-like equation in which the potential is exactly the second Poschl-Teller potential, and it can shed some new light on the investigations concerning QNMs.
- International Journal of Theoretical Physics. New York: Springer/plenum Publishers, v. 46, n. 2, p. 301-317, 2007.
- de Sitter spacetime
- quasinormal modes
- gravitational waves
- conformal structures
- d'Alembert equation
- projective relativity
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.