Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Numerical approximation of the Ginzburg-Landau equation with memory effects in the dynamics of phase transitions
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de Santa Maria (UFSM)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- We consider the out-of-equilibrium time evolution of a nonconserved order parameter using the Ginzburg-Landau equation including memory effects. Memory effects are expected to play important role on the nonequilibrium dynamics for fast phase transitions, in which the time scales of the rapid phase conversion are comparable to the microscopic time scales. We consider two numerical approximation schemes based on Fourier collocation and finite difference methods and perform a numerical analysis with respect to the existence, stability and convergence of the schemes. We present results of direct numerical simulations for one and three spatial dimensions, and examine numerically the stability and convergence of both approximation schemes. (C) 2008 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Computer Physics Communications. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 179, n. 5, p. 297-309, 2008.
- Elsevier B.V.
- nonequilibrium phase transition
- spinodal decomposition
- Ginzburg-Landau equation
- numerical analysis
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.