Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Stochastic Skellam model
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- We consider the dynamics of a biological population described by the Fisher-Kolmogorov Petrovskii-Piskunov (FKPP) equation in the case where the spatial domain consists of alternating favorable and adverse patches whose sizes are distributed randomly. For the one-dimensional case we define a stochastic analogue of the classical critical patch size We address the Issue of persistence of a population and we show that the fraction of the length of favorable segments to the total length is always smaller in the stochastic case than in a periodic arrangement. In this sense, spatial stochasticity favors viability of a population. (C) 2009 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Physica A-statistical Mechanics and Its Applications. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 389, n. 1, p. 60-66, 2010.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Population dynamics
- Fisher-Kolmogorov-Petrovski-Piskunov equation
- Spatial stochasticity
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.