Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction analysis of suramin, a highly charged polysulfonated napthylurea, complexed with a myotoxic PLA(2) from Bothrops asper venom
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ)
- Univ Costa Rica
- Suramin is a highly charged polysulfonated napthylurea that interferes in a number of physiologically relevant processes such as myotoxicity, blood coagulation and several kinds of cancers. This synthetic compound was complexed with a myotoxic Lys49 PLA(2) from Bothrops asper venom and crystallized by the hanging-drop vapor diffusion method at 18 degreesC. The crystals belong to the orthorhombic space group P2(1)2(1)2(1), with unit cell parameters a=49.05, b=63.84 and c=85.67 Angstrom, Diffraction data was collected to 1.78 Angstrom. (C) 2004 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Biochimica Et Biophysica Acta-proteins and Proteomics. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 1703, n. 1, p. 83-85, 2004.
- Elsevier B.V.
- snake venom
- Lys49 PLA(2)s
- X-ray diffraction
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.