Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Thermal investigation of solid 2-methoxycinnamylidenepyruvate of some bivalent transition metal ions
- Universidade Federal da Grande Dourados (UFGD)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Solid-state M-2-MeO-CP compounds, where M represents bivalent Mn, Fe, Co, Ni, Cu, Zn and 2-MeO-CP is 2-methoxycinnamylidenepyruvate, were synthesized for the first time. Simultaneous thermogravimetry and differential thermal analysis, differential scanning calorimetry, X-ray powder diffractometry, infrared spectroscopy, TG-FTIR system, elemental analysis and complexometry have been used to characterize and to study the thermal behaviour of the compounds. The dehydration in all the compounds, except for iron occurs in a single step. The thermal decomposition of the anhydrous compounds occurs in two or three steps with the formation of the respective oxides, Mn3O4, Fe2O3, Co3O4, NiO, CuO and ZnO, as final residue. The results also provided information concerning the thermal behaviour and identification of the gaseous products evolved during the heating of these compounds.
- Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry. Dordrecht: Springer, v. 107, n. 3, p. 863-868, 2012.
- Bivalent transition metals
- Thermal behaviour
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.