Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Probabilistic neural network to predict cracks in taphole mud used in blast furnaces
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- One of the major problems facing Blast Furnaces is the occurrence of cracks in taphole mud, as the underlying causes are not easily identifiable. The absence of this knowledge makes it difficult the use of conventional techniques for predictability and mitigation. This paper will address the application of Probabilistic Neural Network using the Matlab software as a means to detect and control such cracks. The most relevant BF operational variables were picked through the statistic tool "Principal Component Analysis - PCA." Based upon the selection of these variables a probabilistic neural network was built. A set of BF operational data, consisting of 30 controlling variables, was divided into 2 groups, one of which for network training, and the other one to validate the neural network. The neural network got 98% of the cases right. The results show the effectiveness of this tool for crack prediction in relation to clay intrinsic properties and as a result of the fluctuation in operational variables.
- Industrial Ceramics. Faenza: Techna Srl, v. 28, n. 2, p. 133-137, 2008.
- Techna Srl
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.