Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- The Poisson-exponential distribution: a Bayesian approach
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- In this paper, we proposed a new two-parameter lifetime distribution with increasing failure rate. The new distribution arises on a latent complementary risk scenario. The properties of the proposed distribution are discussed, including a formal proof of its density function and an explicit algebraic formulae for its quantiles and survival and hazard functions. Also, we have discussed inference aspects of the model proposed via Bayesian inference by using Markov chain Monte Carlo simulation. A simulation study investigates the frequentist properties of the proposed estimators obtained under the assumptions of non-informative priors. Further, some discussions on models selection criteria are given. The developed methodology is illustrated on a real data set.
- Journal of Applied Statistics. Abingdon: Routledge Journals, Taylor & Francis Ltd, v. 38, n. 6, p. 1239-1248, 2011.
- Routledge Journals, Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Bayesian inference
- complementary risks
- exponential distribution
- Poisson distribution
- survival analysis
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.