Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Characterization and biological studies of a new platinum(II) complex with the amino acid L-alliin
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Synthesis and characterization of a new Pt(II) complex with the amino acid L-alliin (S-allyl-L-cysteine sulfoxide, C(6)H(11)NO(3)S) are described. Elemental and mass spectrometric analyses of the solid complex are consistent with [PtCl(2)(alliin)], or [PtCl(2)(C(6)H(11)NO(3)S)]. (13)C nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR), [(1)H-(15)N] two dimensional (2D) NMR and infrared spectroscopy indicate coordination of the ligand to Pt(II) through the N and S atoms. The complex is very soluble in dimethyl sulfoxide. Biological analysis for evaluation of a potential cytotoxic effect of the complex was performed using HeLa cells derived from human cervical adenocarcinoma. The complex presented moderate cytotoxic activity, inducing about 40% cell death at a concentration of 400 mol L(-1).
- Journal of Coordination Chemistry. Abingdon: Taylor & Francis Ltd, v. 61, n. 15, p. 2470-2477, 2008.
- Taylor & Francis Ltd
- S-allyl-L-cysteine sulfoxide
- (15)N resonance
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.