Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- TWO DECOMPOSITION APPROACHES APPLIED TO THE MULTI-AREA OPTIMAL REACTIVE POWER FLOW PROBLEM
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- This paper applies two methods of mathematical decomposition to carry out an optimal reactive power flow (ORPF) in a coordinated decentralized way in the context of an interconnected multi-area power system. The first method is based on an augmented Lagrangian approach using the auxiliary problem principle (APP). The second method uses a decomposition technique based on the Karush-Kuhn-Tucker (KKT) first-order optimality conditions. The viability of each method to be used in the decomposition of multi-area ORPF is studied and the corresponding mathematical models are presented. The IEEE RTS-96, the IEEE 118-bus test systems and a 9-bus didactic system are used in order to show the operation and effectiveness of the decomposition methods.
- Dyna-colombia. Medellin: Univ Nac Colombia, Fac Nac Minas, v. 77, n. 162, p. 303-312, 2010.
- Univ Nac Colombia, Fac Nac Minas
- Decentralized coordination
- decomposition methods
- multi-area power systems
- optimal reactive power flow
- VAR planning
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.