Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Utilização de probiótico na dieta de reprodutoras de matrinxã (Brycon amazonicus)
- Use of probiotic in the diet of breeding matrinxa (Brycon amazonicus)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Agência Paulista de Tecnologia dos Agronegócios (APTA)
- This study aimed to analyze of using a probiotic (Bacillus subtilis) in the diet of breeding matrinxa (Brycon amazonicus) taking into account the number of oocytes, fertilization rate, hatching and final biomass. The experiment was carried out from March to November 2008. Fifty animals with mean weight 2.35 +/- 0.31 kg and mean length 53.00 +/- 1.96 cm. Two treatments were used T(1) = control group and T(2) = 10 g probiotic kg(-1) food. The induced breeding was carried out with crude extract of carp pituitary. The result showed that the number of oocytes released, fertilization rate and hatching rates were 5%, 34% and 36% higher than control group. The final total biomass of the control group was 3.6% higher compared to animals treated with probiotic. Concluded that is viable to include Bacillus subtilis in diet of matrinxa for optimizing reproductive indicators.
- Boletim do Instituto de Pesca. São Paulo: Inst Pesca, v. 37, n. 2, p. 135-141, 2011.
- Inst Pesca
- Fish farming
- Bacillus subtilis
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.