Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Review of sour cassava starch production in rural Colombian areas
- Dept. Syst. Agroalimentaires Ruraux
- Utilización de la Yuca
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Sour cassava starch is traditionally produced in Latin America for preparation of cheesebreads such as 'pan de yuca' and 'pandebono' in Colombia, and 'pao de queijo' in Brazil. The processing involved is described and improvements suggested. Criteria for quality assessment of sour cassava starch are based on consumers' requirements. Recommendations are made for improving the processing and product quality. Alternatives are given for extending the potential value of this traditional foodstuff.
- Tropical Science, v. 36, n. 4, p. 247-255, 1996.
- small-scale processing
- Manihot esculenta
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.