Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Electrochemical behavior of a nitrobenzenesulfonyl derivative of aniline in aqueous solution
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- The electrochemical behavior of aniline protected by a nitrobenzene sulphonyl group in aqueous solution at a mercury electrode is reported. At pH < 10 the compound was reduced in a single well-defined step. Reduction of the nitro group involving a preceding protonation step was postulated. Two reduction steps are present at higher pH (pH > 11). Controlled potential electrolysis confirms that the reduction of the nitro group in a four-electron step to N-phenyl-4-hydroxylamine sulphonamide is always the preponderant process. ©1997 Soc. Bras. Química.
- Journal of the Brazilian Chemical Society, v. 8, n. 3, p. 223-227, 1997.
- Amine improtection
- Cathodic cleavage
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.