Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Study of electrochemical oxidation and determination of albendazole using a glassy carbon-rotating disk electrode
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- In this work, electrochemical oxidation of albendazole (ABZ) was carried out using a glassy carbon-rotating disk electrode. Development of electroanalytical methodology for ABZ quantification in pharmaceutical formulations was also proposed by using linear sweep voltammetric technique. Electrochemical oxidation is observed for ABZ at E 1/2 = 0.99:V vs. Ag/AgCl sat, when an anodic wave is observed. Kinetic parameters obtained for ABZ oxidation exhibited a standard heterogeneous rate constant for the electrodic process equal to (1.51 ± 0.07) ± 10 -5:cm:s -1, with a αn a value equal to 0.76. Limiting current dependence against ABZ concentration exhibited linearity on 5.0 ± 10 -5 to 1.0 ± 10 -2:mol:l -1 range, being obtained a detection limit of 2.4 ± 10 -5:mol:l -1. Proposed methodology was applied to ABZ quantification in pharmaceutical formulations. © 2005 Elsevier SAS. All rights reserved.
- Farmaco, v. 60, n. 8, p. 671-674, 2005.
- Glassy carbon
- Rotating disk electrode
- Voltammetric determination
- silver chloride
- drug formulation
- electrochemical analysis
- Pharmaceutical Preparations
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.