Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- New bioactive metabolites produced by Phomopsis cassiae, an endophytic fungus in Cassia spectabilis
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de Lavras (UFLA)
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Instituto de Botânica
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Two new metabolites, ethyl 2,4-dihydroxy-5,6-dimethylbenzoate (1) and phomopsilactone (2) were isolated from Phomopsis cassiae, an endophytic fungus in Cassia spectabilis. Their structures were elucidated by 1D and 2D NMR, MS and IR spectral data. Compounds 1 and 2 displayed strong antifungal activity against the phytopatogenic fungi Cladosporium cladosporioides and C. sphaerospermum, as well as cytotoxicity against human cervical tumor cell line (HeLa), in in vitro assays. ©2005 Sociedade Brasileira de Química.
- Journal of the Brazilian Chemical Society, v. 16, n. 6 B, p. 1463-1466, 2005.
- Antifungal activity
- Cassia spectabilis
- Cytotoxic metabolites
- Endophytic fungi
- Phomopsis cassiae
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.