Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Avaliação de diferentes híbridos suínos submetidos à insensibilização elétrica e gasosa (CO 2). Parte 1 - Mensuração de indicadores sanguíneos de estresse
- Evaluation of pig hybrids stunned with electrical and gaseous (CO 2) systems. Part 1 - Blood stress indicators
- Universidade Federal de Mato Grosso (UFMT)
- Centro de Tecnologia de Carnes (CTC)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Pigs of three genetics lineages A, B and C marketed in Brazil, with alive weight from 100 to 120 kg were submitted to the manual electric stunning (Karl Schermer 220-230/250 volts, 45-60 Hz and 1.4 -1.5 A) and to the collective gaseous system (COMBI-BUTINA 90% CO 2). Blood samples, for levels determination of creatine phosphokinase (CPK), lactate and cortisol, as well as samples of the semimembranosus muscle (10 g) for the determination of the gene halothane, were collected. Being compared the electric and gaseous stunning systems, the electric stunning did demonstrate to be more stressful providing larger plasmatic concentrations of cortisol (p ≤ 0.001) and lactate (p ≤ 0.001) for the genetic lineages A and C, in the studied conditions. However it didn't observe significant differences beween the sanguine indicators and stunning systems in subject when the lineage B was considered. Significant differences among the genetic lineages A, B and C were obtained being compared the plasmatic values of creatine phosphokinase (p ≤ 0.001), lactate (p ≤ 0.001) and cortisol (p ≤ 0.001) when stunned with the gaseous system, however when the electric system was used only the cortisol values presented significant differences (p ≤ 0.001). The presence of the gene halothane (Nn) was only observed in the lineage B.
- Ciencia e Tecnologia de Alimentos, v. 26, n. 3, p. 564-570, 2006.
- Welfare animal
- Sus scrofa
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.