Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- A bounded upwinding scheme for computing convection-dominated transport problems
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- CTA IAE ALA
- Univ Strathclyde
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- FAPESP: 05/51458-0
- FAPESP: 06/05910-1
- FAPESP: 08/02673-4
- FAPESP: 09/16954-8
- FAPESP: 04/16064-9
- FAPESP: 09/15892-9
- CNPq: 304201/2005-7
- CNPq: 312064/2006-3
- CNPq: 477858/2009-0
- CNPq: 305447/2010-6
- A practical high resolution upwind differencing scheme for the numerical solution of convection-dominated transport problems is presented. The scheme is based on TVD and CBC stability criteria and is implemented in the context of the finite difference methodology. The performance of the scheme is investigated by solving the 1D/2D scalar advection equations, 1D inviscid Burgers' equation, 1D scalar convection-diffusion equation, 1D/2D compressible Euler's equations, and 2D incompressible Navier-Stokes equations. The numerical results displayed good agreement with other existing numerical and experimental data. (C) 2012 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Computers & Fluids. Oxford: Pergamon-Elsevier B.V. Ltd, v. 57, p. 208-224, 2012.
- Pergamon-Elsevier B.V. Ltd
- Numerical simulation
- CBC/TVD stability
- High resolution
- Monotonic interpolation
- Finite difference
- Convection modeling
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.