Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Effects of gamma-irradiation on caprolactam level from multilayer PA-6 films for food packaging: Development and validation of a gas chromatographic method
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Instituto de Pesquisas Energéticas e Nucleares (IPEN)
- Food Technol Inst CETEA ITAL
- A gas chromatographic method to determine caprolactam in multilayer PA-6 films used for meat foodstuffs and cheese was developed and validated. A wide linear range (0.8-400 mu g/ml), RSD <= 4.1% and recovery higher than 90.0% were obtained for the chromatographic system, while precision and accuracy of the method showed RSD <= 3.8%, recovery from 95.5-100.0% and LOQ of 32 mu g/g. Irradiated (3, 7 and 12 kGy) and non-irradiated commercial films were analyzed. Most of them increased caprolactam levels with the increase of irradiation doses. (C) 2008 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Radiation Physics and Chemistry. Oxford: Pergamon-Elsevier B.V. Ltd, v. 77, n. 7, p. 913-917, 2008.
- Pergamon-Elsevier B.V. Ltd
- food-packaging multilayer films
- polyamide 6
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.