Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Electrogravimetric Analysis by Quartz-Crystal Microbalance on the Consumption of the Neurotransmitter Acetylcholine by Acetylcholinesterase
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- University of Porto
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- Electrogravimetric analysis was performed on the consumption of the neurotransmitter Acetylcholine (ACh) by Acetylcholinesterase (AChE) in situ and in real time. Michaelis-Menten assumption was achieved by using an enzyme micro-reactor in which the total enzyme was anchored in a quartz crystal microbalance chip (QCM-chip) with a strategically engineered self-assembled monolayer (SAM) of alkanethiols, which can prevent diffusion-controlled or spatially restricted kinetics. The real-time frequency changes indicated the rate of the products formation from enzymatic reaction. The QCM-chip was tested showing that it could demonstrate AChE inhibition by physostigmine. © 2013 Copyright Taylor and Francis Group, LLC.
- Analytical Letters, v. 46, n. 2, p. 258-265, 2012.
- Acetyl cholinesterase
- Quartz-crystal microbalance
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.