Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Ruthenium (II) phosphine/picolinate complexes as antimycobacterial agents
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de Goiás (UFG)
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Instituto Adolfo Lutz (IAL)
- Univ Illinois
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- FAPESP: 08/10390-2
- FAPESP: 09/06499-1
- The synthesis, characterization and the anti-Mycobacterium tuberculosis (MTB) activities of three ruthenium complexes containing the 2-pyridinecarboxylic acid anion (picolinate), with formulae cis-[Ru(pic)(dppm)(2)]PF(6) (1), Cis- [Ru(pic)(dppe)(2)]PF(6) (2) and [Ru(pic)(2)(PPh(3))(2)] (3) [pic = 2-pyridinecarboxylate; dppm = bis(diphenylphosphino)methane: dppe = 1,2-bis(diphenylphosphino)ethane; PPh(3) = triphenylphosphine] are reported in this article. The complexes were characterized by elemental analysis, spectroscopic and electrochemical techniques. Their in vitro anti mycobacterial activity was determinated as the Minimum Inhibitory Concentration (MIC) for MTB cell growth, measured by the REMA method. The best MICs were found for complexes (1) and (2), with values of 0.78 and 0.26 mu g/mL, respectively. The results are comparable to or better than "first line" or "second line" drugs commonly used in the treatment of TB. (C) 2009 Elsevier Masson SAS. All rights reserved.
- European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. Paris: Elsevier France-editions Scientifiques Medicales Elsevier, v. 45, n. 2, p. 598-601, 2010.
- Elsevier France-editions Scientifiques Medicales Elsevier
- Antimycobacterial agents
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis
- Ruthenium (II) Complexes
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.