Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- A hybrid multi-population genetic algorithm applied to solve the multi-level capacitated lot sizing problem with backlogging
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Federal University of Lavras
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The present paper proposes a new hybrid multi-population genetic algorithm (HMPGA) as an approach to solve the multi-level capacitated lot sizing problem with backlogging. This method combines a multi-population based metaheuristic using fix-and-optimize heuristic and mathematical programming techniques. A total of four test sets from the MULTILSB (Multi-Item Lot-Sizing with Backlogging) library are solved and the results are compared with those reached by two other methods recently published. The results have shown that HMPGA had a better performance for most of the test sets solved, specially when longer computing time is given. © 2012 Elsevier Ltd.
- Computers and Operations Research, v. 40, n. 4, p. 910-919, 2013.
- Fix and optimize
- Genetic algorithms
- Lot sizing
- Heuristic methods
- Mathematical programming
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.