Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Nonlinear optical properties of Bi2O3-GeO2 glass at 800 and 532 nm
- Universidade Estadual da Paraíba
- Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (UFPE)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The nonlinear (NL) optical properties of glassy xBi2O 3-(1-x) GeO2 with x = 0.72 and 0.82 were investigated. The experiments were performed with lasers at 800 nm (pulses of 150 fs) and 532 nm (pulses of 80 ps and 250 ns). Using the Kerr gate technique, we observed that the NL response of the samples at 800 nm is faster than 150 fs. NL refraction indices, | n 2 | ≈ 5 × 10-16 cm2/W, and two-photon absorption coefficients, α 2, smaller than 0.03 cm/GW, were measured at 800 nm. At 532 nm, we measured the NL transmittance of the samples. From the results obtained, we determined α 2 ≈1 cm/GW and excited-state absorption cross-sections of ≈10-22 cm2 due to free-carriers. © 2013 AIP Publishing LLC.
- Journal of Applied Physics, v. 114, n. 7, 2013.
- Excited state absorption
- Free carriers
- Kerr gates
- Non-linear optical properties
- Refraction index
- Two-photon absorptions
- Two photon processes
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.