Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Synthesis, characterization and antimycobacterial activity of Ag(I)-aspartame, Ag(I)-saccharin and Ag(I)-cyclamate complexes
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Instituto Adolfo Lutz (IAL)
- The present work describes the synthesis and antimycobacterial activity of three Ag(I)-complexes with the sweeteners aspartame, saccharin, and cyclamate as ligands, with the aim of finding new candidate substances for fighting tuberculosis and other mycobacterial infections. The minimal inhibitory concentration of these three complexes was investigated in order to determine their in-vitro antimycobacterial activity against Mycobacterium tuberculosis, Mycobacterium avium, Mycobacterium intracellulare, Mycobacterium malmoense, and Mycobacterium kansasii. The MIC values were determined using the Microplate Alamar Blue Assay. The best MIC values found for the complexes were 9.75 mu M for Ag(l)-aspartame against M. kansasii and 15.7 mu M for Ag(I)-cyclamate against M. tuberculosis.
- Archiv Der Pharmazie. Weinheim: Wiley-v C H Verlag Gmbh, v. 340, n. 10, p. 538-542, 2007.
- antimycobacterial activity
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.