Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Polyphenoloxidase activity in peaches after vibration
- CETEA/ITAL - Packaging Technology Center of the Food Technology Institute
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The vibration during transportation is one of the main causes of fruit damage. The actual methodologies used for damage evaluation in fruits seem to be subjective, since most of them are based on visual evaluation. In this study the effect of vibration, for one and two hours, on polyphenoloxidase (PPO) activity in peach pulp was investigated. The relation among PPO activity variation, postharvest time and resting time were also considered. Results showed that vibration affects PPO activity. However, it was not possible to correlate PPO activity variation and vibration.
- Engenharia Agricola, v. 33, n. 2, p. 312-318, 2013.
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.