Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Silver(I) complexes with symmetrical Schiff bases: Synthesis, structural characterization, DFT studies and antimycobacterial assays
- Universidade Federal de Juiz de Fora (UFJF)
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Synthesis, structural and spectroscopic characterizations, molecular modeling and antimycobacterial assays of new silver(I) complexes with two Schiff bases - MBDA and MBDB - are reported. The complexes [Ag(MBDA) 2]NO3, or AgMBDA, and [Ag(MBDB)NO3] or AgMBDB, were obtained by the reaction of the respective ligands with silver(I) nitrate in methanol. The Schiff bases were previously obtained by mixing ethylenediamine or 1,3-diaminopropane with p-anisaldehyde. The characterizations of the complexes were based on elemental (C, H and N) and thermal (TG-DTA) analyses and 13C and 1H NMR and FT-IR spectroscopic measurements, as well as X-ray structure determination for AgMBDA. Spectroscopic data predicted by DFT calculations are in agreement with the experimental data for the AgMBDA complex. The AgMBDA complex has a monomeric structure with a molar proportion 1:2 Ag/ligand, while AgMBDB presents a 1:1 proportion. The complexes AgMBDA and AgMBDB showed to be more effective against Mycobacterium tuberculosis than antibacterial agent silver sulfadiazine - SSD. © 2013 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Polyhedron, v. 62, p. 104-109.
- Schiff bases
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.