Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Development and validation of a dissolution test for diltiazem hydrochloride in immediate release capsules
- Universidade Federal de Alfenas (UNIFAL)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Center of Pharmaceutical Equivalence - Nucleus Quality Control
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- This work describes the development and validation of a dissolution test for 60 mg of diltiazem hydrochloride in immediate release capsules. The best dissolution in vitro profile was achieved using potassium phosphate buffer at pH 6.8 as the dissolution medium and paddle as the apparatus at 50 rpm. The drug concentrations in the dissolution media were determined by UV spectrophotometry and HPLC and a statistical analysis revealed that there were significant differences between HPLC and spectrophotometry. This study illustrates the importance of an official method for the dissolution test, since there is no official monograph for diltiazem hydrochloride in capsules.
- Química Nova. Sociedade Brasileira de Química, v. 34, n. 3, p. 520-526, 2011.
- Sociedade Brasileira de Química
- high performance liquid chromatography
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.