Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Evaluation of anti-Mycobacterium tuberculosis activity of Campomanesia adamantium (Myrtaceae)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de Mato Grosso do Sul (UFMS)
- Instituto Adolfo Lutz (IAL)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- The anti-Mycobacterium tuberculosis activity of Campomanesia adamantium fruits extracts were evaluated. Six compounds, identified as flavanones and chalcones were quantified by HPLC-DAD-UV. Promising antitubercular activity was observed with ethyl acetate extract (MIC 62.5 µg/mL) and their fractions (MIC values ranging from 39 to above 250 µg/mL). The better MIC result of 39 µg/mL was associated with two fractions that contain bigger amounts of 5,7-dihydroxy-6, 8-di-C-methylflavanone and 2',4'-dihydroxy-3',5'-dimethyl-6'-methoxychalcone. These compounds exhibited MICs >250 and 62.5 µg/mL, respectively, while their mixtures showed values ranging from 62.5 to 7.8 µg/mL, demonstrating a synergism between them.
- Química Nova. Sociedade Brasileira de Química, v. 32, n. 5, p. 1222-1226, 2009.
- Sociedade Brasileira de Química
- Campomanesia adamantium
- anti-Mycobacterium tuberculosis
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.