Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Performance of aerodynamic baffles in cylindrical grinding analyzed on the basis of air layer pressure and speed
- Fed Technol Univ Parana
- Centro Federal de Educação Tecnológica (CEFET)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Over the years, grinding has been considered one of the most important manufacturing processes. Grinding is a high precision process, and the loss of a single workpiece in this stage of the production is unacceptable, fir the value added to the material is very high due to many processes it has already undergone prior to grinding. This study aims to contribute toward the development of an experimental methodology whereby the pressure and speed of the air layer produced by the high rotation of the grinding wheel is evaluated with and without baffles, i.e., in an optimized grinding operation and in a traditional one. Tests were also carried out with steel samples to check the difference in grinding wheel wear with and without the use of baffles.
- Journal of The Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering. Rio de Janeiro Rj: Abcm Brazilian Soc Mechanical Sciences & Engineering, v. 30, n. 1, p. 47-50, 2008.
- Abcm Brazilian Soc Mechanical Sciences & Engineering
- aerodynamic baffle
- optimized process
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.