Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Fault Current Limiter Using YBCO Coated Conductor-The Limiting Factor and Its Recovery Time
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Companhia Paulista de Forca e Luz (CPFL)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- A fault current limiter (FCL) based on an arrangement of parallel connected high temperature superconducting tapes constituting a limiter element was designed and tested in 220 V line for a fault current peak between 1 kA to 2 kA. The limiter employed second generation (2G) HTS tapes of YBCO coated conductor reinforced with stainless steel. Four tapes were electrically connected in parallel with 0.4 m effective length per element wherein 16 elements connected in series constitutes a single-phase unit. The FCL performance was evaluated through over-current and current fault tests. Its recovery characteristics were used to design the shunt protection. The designed limiting ratio is 4 for 16 elements and the experimental result for one element showed a 20% limiting ratio. For the fault current test one element can withstand five cycles of fault without degradation. It was observed recovery times below 0.5 s under nominal load using a shunt resistance of 173 m Omega.
- IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity. Piscataway: IEEE-Inst Electrical Electronics Engineers Inc, v. 19, n. 3, p. 1810-1813, 2009.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Current limiting ratio
- superconducting fault current limiter
- YBCO coated conductor
- YBCO recovery characteristics
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.