Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Evaluation of an indirect ELISA method for the detection of chicken antibodies against infectious bronchitis virus
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- SOLVAY Saúde Animal
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- An indirect ELISA method was developed and applied to detect antibodies against infectious bronchitis virus (IBV). Three hundred serum samples collected from vaccinated and non-vaccinated chickens under field conditions were tested. The ELISA results were compared with antibody titers determined by a serum neutralization assay (SN). Good coefficients of correlation (r2 = 0.750) and of agreement (80%) were recorded and the ELISA reproducibility was high. The cutoff point between those techniques corresponded to ELISA level 2. It is concluded that our indirect ELISA method can advantageously replace the conventional SN test, allowing a good follow-up of IBV post-vaccination antibodies due to its convenience and applicability compared to the other assay.
- Revista de Microbiologia, v. 27, n. 1, p. 64-69, 1996.
- Infectious Bronchitis Virus (IBV)
- Post-vaccine serological monitoring
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.