Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Structural characterization of Botryosphaeran: a (1 -> 3;1 -> 6)-beta-D-glucan produced by the ascomyceteous fungus, Botryosphaeria sp.
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade do Oeste Paulista (UNOESTE)
- Universidade Estadual de Londrina (UEL)
- The exopolysaccharide, Botryosphaeran, produced by the ligninolytic, ascomycetcous fungus Botryosphaeria sp., was isolated from the extracellular fluid by precipitation with ethanol, and purified by gel permeation chromatography to yield a carbohydrate-rich fraction (96%) composed mainly of glucose (98%). Infra-red and C-13 NMR spectroscopy showed that all the glucosidic linkages were in the beta-configuration. Data from methylation analysis and Smith degradation indicated that Botryosphaeran was a (1 --> 3)-beta-(D)-glucan with approx 22% side branching at C-6. The products obtained from partial acid hydrolysis demonstrated that the side branches consisted of single (1 --> 6)-beta-linked glucosyl, and (1 --> 6)-beta-linked gentiobiosyl residues.[GRAPHICS](C) 2003 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Carbohydrate Research. Oxford: Elsevier B.V., v. 338, n. 16, p. 1691-1698, 2003.
- Elsevier B.V.
- (1 -> 3;1 -> 6)-beta-glucan
- Botyrosphaeria sp.
- ascomyceteous fungus
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.